Approved for use by the U.S. Military and NASA – This technology uses Shack-Hartmann technology, one of the biggest advancements in astrophysics. The military studied this technology and now they are the largest customer of the iLASIK™ procedure. They found it to have great results, a high degree of safety and a fast recovery time.
iLASIK™ – Personalized & Uniquely Designed for You
What is iLASIK™The iLASIK procedure is an advanced FDA approved WaveScan WaveFront 3-D guided blade free laser vision correction technology that utilizes advanced CustomVue® and Intralase Laser Technology.
What are the Benefits of iLASIK™The iLASIK procedure not only corrects nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism, but also optimizes visual outcomes, by addressing each eye’s unique higher and lower aberrations (hills and valleys) of the eye. This highly personalized style of treatment is unlike some LASIK technologies which treat all eyes the same.
The iLASIK™ System
The iLASIK system is a premium LASIK procedure that utilizes several key technologies that make a significant difference in the quality, consistency, and safety of our patient’s visual outcomes.
Advanced Custom View Technology Offers Precision & Safety.
The crown jewel of the iLASIK procedure is the Advanced CustomVue™ technology, a combination of the WaveScan™Wavefront 3-D Mapping System and the VISX™ Star S4 IR Excimer Laser System with Intralase™ technology and Iris Registration.
The Advanced CustomVue iLASIK utilizes WaveScan™ Wavefront Technology, a measurement device uses waves of light to precisely map the anatomy of your eye. This provides a detailed analysis of your entire optical system and then creates a unique visual “fingerprint” that allows Dr. Rapoza to custom tailor your vision correction procedure to the exact curvature and microscopic hills and valleys of your eye.
VISX™ Star S4 IR Excimer Laser System: WaveScan™ measurements guide the computer-driven laser technology to deliver the broadest range of wave-front guided laser vision correction treatment available.
Bladeless LASIK with IntraLase™ Technology: With micro-laser precision, Intralase™ technology offers a truly dual-laser, blade free LASIK procedure experience. With Intralase, a micro-laser is used to create the corneal flap. Intralase™ technology is both safer and more advanced because it allows for the creation of a micro-precise laser driven corneal flap that prepares the optical corneal surface below the flap for better visual outcomes.
Iris Registration: Iris Registration provides a fully automated, non-contact, method of providing precise patient alignment in preparation for the laser correction treatment.This technology combination delivers truly customized vision correction based on the unique refractive signature of your eye.
What are the Key Features of iLASIK™
- iLASIK combines two innovative technologies, the Advanced CustomVue® and the Intralase® FS Femtosecond Laser into one blade free, wavefront-guided custom procedure.
- iLASIK is the only laser vision correction technology using Fourier wavefront analysis, a technique which measures unique corneal imperfections in order to design a truly customized treatment plan.
- iLASIK, compared to standard LASIK or correction with glasses or contact lenses, optimizes visual outcomes due to the wavefront-guided technology that measures and treats individualized imperfections in each eye.1
- iLASIK, in clinical trials, yielded more patients achieving 20/20 vision or better (compared to standard LASIK).2
- iLASIK, in clinical trials comparing iLASK to standard LASIK, showed higher post-operative patient satisfaction, with regards to visual sharpness and clarity, overall visual comfort, consistency of vision, night vision and glare.3
- iLASIK, compared to standard LASIK, offers numerous surgical safety and post-operative visual recovery advantages.
- iLASIK, because of its validated safety and precision performance, is approved for use by NASA and trusted by all branches of the military.
- iLASIK can correct the broadest range of vision imperfections, allowing the majority of people who meet the age and general health requirements to now be eligible for vision correction.
- iLASIK technology encompasses over 20 years of innovation. With over 15 million procedures, iLASIK has become an industry leader in helping patients enjoy clear vision with less dependence, or even freedom from, glasses or contacts.
- iLASIK technology is permanently located at the OCB Laser Vision Center, in Waltham, MA.
Why Does Dr. Rapoza Choose iLASIK™
Dr. Rapoza only uses the integrated iLASIK™ system because he “believes it offers the best possible visual outcomes with important safety features like the IntraLase™, a method for creating the corneal flap, which studies have shown have fewer complications and greater stability than flaps created with a blade.”
To learn more about iLASIK™, we invite you to come in for a complimentary consultation with Dr. Rapoza, in one of our three convenient locations in Boston, Waltham or Danvers, MA.
To Schedule a FREE LASIK Evaluation, Call 617-314-2789 or Click Here
Disclaimer: Results may vary for each individual patient. Patients are requested to consult with their eye care professional regarding the potential risks and benefits for laser refractive surgery and carefully review the Patient Information Booklet and Important Safety Information
1 Abbott Medical Optics (AMO)Advanced Customvue Technology. Materials 2007.07.30-IL1181 RevA. pg.4 Custom Wavefront-Guided Clinical Results.2 74% of low to moderate myopes achieved uncorrected visual acuity 20/16 or better (six months post-op). 65% of high myopes achieved uncorrected visual acuity 20/16 or better (six months post-op). AMO Custom wavefront-guided clinical studies submitted to theFDA 2003 2004 2005 & 2007 via P930016 supplement 021. 3 AMO Custom wavefront-guided clinical studies submitted to theFDA 2003 2004 2005 & 2007.